[Semibug] and some modern FORTRAN code... part of the Scientific Python package

Jeffrey David Marraccini jeff at nucleus.mi.org
Wed Jul 19 09:51:04 EDT 2017

One of our senior developers recommended this code, as he considers it
well written, as part of the Scientific Python package:

Overall site:  https://www.scipy.org/

Documentation of what this source code accomplishes:
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/optimize.html

Specific FORTRAN files as part of SciPy's Optimize tools:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/tree/master/scipy/optimize/minpack

My thanks to Stacy Leon for this recommendation.  Enjoy!

While we do not have many developers working on BSD at the moment (aside
from macOS, but not using the BSD software dev tool chains alas), please
let me know if there is any interest in having one of our scientific
developers do a future presentation.

Best,

Jeff