[Semibug] DDNS & PTR

Anthony Cascianelli acascianelli at icloud.com
Fri Apr 19 20:47:19 EDT 2019

Comcast will sell you a static IP address. But you might be surprised at how seldom your Comcast IP changes. I’ve been in my current house for over 2 years and I’m pretty sure it’s never changed.

How are you running a mail server on residential Comcast service?  I thought they specifically blocked inbound on those ports.

Whose late you hosting your domain name through?  I use Namecheap and they offers a DDNS update service.

Anthony Cascianelli