[Semibug] Acceptable upload speeds for server

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Sun Aug 22 20:48:17 EDT 2021

They're fine for any realistic use. Over ten times the traffic my
whole web server peaks at.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 06:39:09PM -0600, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> Folks:
>
>  I tested my OpenBSD laptop for upload and download speeds I got;
>
> 89.25 Mbps download
> and
> 91.01 Mbps upload
>
> This was on OpenBSD Generic 6.9
> Lenovo T440 Thinkpad
> 7963 MiB RAM
> Intel  i5-4300U (4) @ 2.501 GHz
> 128 MB SSD Hard Drive
>
> My question: Are the upload and download speeds acceptable for a web
> server? I plan to buy a tower web server with a 3.0 GHz processor. I
> won't be using my laptop as a server.
>
> I would serve up mostly photos and *.mov videos. The website would be
> statically linked web pages using OpenBSD's httpd webserver.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Jonathan

Michael W. Lucas 	https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,
 Absolute FreeBSD, Immortal Clay, Prohibition Orcs, etc, etc, etc...
### New books: TLS Mastery, the Networknomicon, $ git sync murder ###