[Semibug] Zoom or Jitsi Meetings?

Jonathan Drews jdrews at mail.com
Thu May 27 21:16:48 EDT 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:08:13AM -0600, Jonathan Drews wrote:

Hi Folks:

 I am still having problems getting the microphone and speakers to
work in OpenBSD. I tested Google Meet and it has the same problem as
Jitsi. Namely the Video works but the microphone and speakers do not
work when running either of these services. With Google Meet, I can
click on the the 3 dots (...) to get to settings, when running Meet
in Firefox (The 3 dots are in the Google Meet program itself)  and I
see the speakers and microphone are blocked. After a few seconds
they are active and the speaker can  play it's test sound. Very
curious.

I have a similar problem in OpenSUSE. No sound when I speak in the
microphone but the C;osed Captioning transcribes what I speak. II'll
continue to work on this and hopefully we can get virtual meetings.

 I will say my other UNIX group, SLUUG, has Jitsi working fine. and
I am able to participate in meetings with full audio and video in
Linux. I'll try and get hold of those people and get some help.