[Semibug] Online Meetings

Jonathan Drews jdrews at mail.com
Fri May 28 06:48:27 EDT 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:52:18PM -0700, David Billsbrough wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The local Linux group (GOLUG - http://troubleshooters.com/golug/) has
> been doing online meeting for over 6 months using Jitsu.

Thanks David:

 I did get it working on OpenBDS 6.9. I had to enable another
setting in my /etc/mixerctl.conf. Here is what my mixerctl.conf
contains:

# $OpenBSD: mixerctl.conf,v 1.1 2014/07/16 13:21:33 deraadt Exp $
#
# mixerctl(1) configurable parameters. See mixerctl.conf(5) for
details.
#

# output volume value for most audio cards
# outputs.master=200
record.adc-0:1=240,240
record.adc-0:1_source=mic
record.enable=on
record.adc-0:1_source=mic3

My /etc/sysctl.conf has:

kern.audio.record=1
kern.video.record=1

A good resource is:
https://www.openbsdhandbook.com/multimedia/

From that resource I discovered that you can use aucat to test your
microphone (man 1 aucat). Do

$ aucat -i test.wav

and record a message. The play it back with

$ aucat -o test.wav

Give me a week or two to talk to my friends at St Louis UNIX Users
Group about how to set up a Jitsi meeting.