[Semibug] B2 from backblaze

Mike Wayne semibug15 at post.wayne47.com
Thu Nov 18 15:09:19 EST 2021

Does anyone actually use b2 from *BSD? I spent about an hour with
Backblaze support and I'm simply not understanding what is going
on. They claim that b2 can talk to a Vultr server but nobody seems
to be able to explain HOW to do that.

I'm guessing that one uses keys generated at b2 and (somehow) obtains
an IP address and port which then would either permit operations
like scp, etc. or, alternately, create a mount point an mount it
on the Vultr server but the support people seem unable how to explain
how to do this. I basically, got "you use an integration" but the
"integration" page at b2 which lists Vultr simply goes to the Vultr
web site, rather than showing the account settings I need to change
to actually connect the two services.

Their final comment was:
   To access the servers through the CLI, you would need to run python
   separate from the servers, run the command through the CLI with
   python as its backbone and access your servers that way.

Which is pretty content-free.
   "run python separate from the servers" - like, where?
   "run the command through the CLI" - What command? On b2 someplace?
   "with python as its backbone" - A use of backbone I'm unaware of.
   "access your servers that way" - Not clear how the "python backbone" does that.

I need to buy a clue.