[Semibug] Strange ssh behaviour (bug?) on FreeBSD

Mike Wayne semibug15 at post.wayne47.com
Thu Sep 2 14:07:38 EDT 2021

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 04:20:07PM -0400, Mike Wayne wrote:
> I figured I'd ask here first, before the FreeBSD forums

Followup to my own post:

I neglected to reconfigure my bird BGP to import routes for
IP addresses on lo1. So traffic was going
Net->gw->IP-on-l01
IP-on-l01->Net

Not sure if it was the firewall rules on gw or the asymmetric routing
but, once I corrected that, things worked fine. This also explained
why I was not seeing inbound ssh traffic on the target machine -
it was coming in across the internal (maintainence net.