[nycbug-talk] null modem vendor...

Dave Steinberg dave-dated-1094233803.ddb74f
Fri Aug 27 13:50:24 EDT 2004

> You can make whatever you need quite cheaply with this stuff:
>
> http://www.national-tech.com/catalog/modularadaptors.htm
>
> Great source if you're building a console server. :)

Cheap, sure... but its so hard!  Assuming I've done my homework and I
know the pinouts on both sides, how do I map the cable colors to pin
locations?  I certainly can't see inside that little hood that encloses
the rj-45 adapter.  :-/

Any way I might be able to build a cable tester for this sort of thing?
  If the tester was $200, I'd still think it a bargain in the long run.

Thanks for the resources so far!
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/