[nycbug-talk] irc server

Gerald isptech151
Tue Feb 10 21:00:40 EST 2004

Why do so few people delve in to silc instead of IRC?

Think of silc as IRC + SSL. silcd is easy to setup,
lives in the ports and you get a secure layer. Not
that a public channel like nycbug would have any
secure conversations. I'm personally surprised that
more people don't use silc.

http://www.silcnet.org/

Windows users I send a copy of PuTTY and shell them in
to a real OS.

Gerald Coon

P.S. I think this list has enough volume to merit
moving it off my yahoo account that I rarely check and
over to something I actually use.