[nycbug-talk] irc server

Gerald isptech151
Wed Feb 11 15:59:16 EST 2004

--- Ray <ray at cyth.net> wrote:
> That's not a bad idea.  I've been wanting to try
> this out for a
> while.  This would be the perfect excuse for me to
> try it out.

If you want to connect to mine: silc.bsdisp.com

#channel is global channel.
@channel is a local channel.

I'm in @nycbug. One of the sysadmins I work with got
me in to it and I've got my silc.conf all setup to log
me in to everything automatically with colors...etc.

> As am I, though the major reason is probably a lack
> of applications.

Silc is a drop in replacement for IRC, but lack of
client applications is a big thing. If I knew any
windows programming I'd be tempted to write a windows
silc client just to help it take off further.

Gerald