[nycbug-talk] RE: Close port with no direction to open.

Kevin Reiter bsd
Tue Feb 17 11:14:49 EST 2004

> My OS is FreeBSD 5.0, which is pretty new.  I think that might be the
problem.  It might have port 110 close by default for some reason (maybe for
security reason).  I will try 4.9 version and see.

I'm running qmail on 5.2-RELEASE and haven't had any problems yet.  What are
you using for your mail server?  Is this machine sitting behind a firewall?
Please let us know which MTA (mail server - qmail, postfix, sendmail, exim,
etc.) you're using so we can better assist you with the configuration
issues.

-Kevin