[nycbug-talk] RE: netiqutte, was closed port

Dan Langille dan
Wed Feb 18 06:52:00 EST 2004

On 18 Feb 2004 at 1:50, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> One last bit, if you reply to the list please do not CC
> the people on the list individually.  Getting multiple
> copies of the same message is annoying.

CC'ing the originator has benefits. Sometime the list is lagged.  A
conversation consisting of several messages can be completed by the
time the second post arrives.

FWIW, I filter messages with the SENDER field set into another folder
(i.e the NYCBUG folder).  Messages left in the main folder were sent
directly to me.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/