[nycbug-talk] Re: still netiquette

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Wed Feb 18 12:40:47 EST 2004

Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
> On Wed 2004.02.18 at 12:10 -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > > BTW, replying to your mutt message means "open an attachment, copy & paste,
> > > put ">" in front of every row and hit reply". :)
> >
> > Wow.  I had no idea that Outlook was *that* busted.  (Non-list emails
> > sent using outlook end up in a specific junk folder.)  I sure would
> > change my MUA if I were you. :)
>
> not saying the OE is not broken in some respects, but there is also the
> issue of the sending side's mua mime configuration.

Looking around for five minutes leads me to conclude that:
- mutt handles gpg in a manner compliant with RFC 2015
- Outlook does NOT handle gpg/mime attachments in a manner compliant
  with RFC2015

I'm still surprised by the large number of Outlook users in presumably
predominantly geek mailinst lists.

-Jan

--
I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.