[nycbug-talk] list protocol. . .

Trish Lynch trish
Mon Feb 23 14:20:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:

> providing a link is telling someone where to find the answer.  not what
> the answer is.
>
> i think there's an issue with this to be honest.  not clear on your line
> between stupid and lazy.  sounds pretty condescending to me.  i like to
> think that this group could congeal into something that bridges the gap
> between the newer but eager and the experienced but not withdrawn.  i
> know trish thinks otherwise on this later point. . .

The only thing I think otherwise about is that I think the older, more
experienced people need a more social atmosphere than a learning one.
bridging the gap is fine, but don't just focus on new people. Some of us
have been there, done that and deserve a few beers :)

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16