[nycbug-talk] "orgcom"

G. Rosamond george
Fri Feb 27 11:57:57 EST 2004

after some discussions, several nycbug-related individuals, including
myself, hans z and ike l withdrew from the efforts to put together some
type of free and open source event with the collection of characters
from various user groups in and around nyc.

if anyone wants details, i'd be glad to provide them offline, but as i
stated in an earlier meeting, the group didn't have much going for it,
and was more focused on trivial details and historical personal
conflicts than actually organizing anything.

this does not mean that we won't be looking to organize some events in
the short and long-terms with other groups such as ny linux user group,
new york php, lisp nyc, etc.

there has been some great contacts made, and we look forward to some
kind of non-technical bbq sometime in the late spring that pulls
together a bunch of people, including nycbug.