[nycbug-talk] Help getting FreeBSD current to boot (5.2.1 release does work)

Jonathan jonathan.michael.stewart
Sun Jun 13 11:08:18 EDT 2004

Wold anyone be willing to help me get a -current kernel to boot on my
computer?  As the subject says 5.2.1-release boots fine but any recent
(within a month +) -current fails to boot successfully.  I can test any
patches etc. the machine is just sitting right now while I try to get it
to work.  I don't have a null modem cable and really don't want to pay
Radioshack prices for one but I will if I need to.  I'm located on FT
Drum if anyone is willing to help in person and lives nearby or knows
someone nearby who may help.  I'd really like to get FreeBSD -current
running because I want to stick with 5.x and 5.2.1 release has several
known security issues.  I will probably switch to -stable when it
becomes 5-stable.

Thanks for reading this,
Jonathan