[nycbug-talk] Soekris

Pete Wright pete
Tue Jun 15 12:50:29 EDT 2004

Okan Demirmen wrote:

>On Tue 2004.06.15 at 10:43 -0400, Pete Wright wrote:
>

>>I'd like to do it pretty soon.  my apartment is hot enough as it is, so
>>i'd love to get a smaller, more efficient firewall up before it get's
>>real hot in the city.  i am also going to send an email to soekris to
>>see if we (nycbug'ers) qualify for any additional discounts, so i'll
>>keep everyone posted.
>>

>pete - i know a few people, outside of nycbug, who are interested. they
>are still showing interest as of this morning. maybe the best thing
>for you to do is to set a deadline on response/interest. say it is this
>friday, just post to the list every night the $count. i imagine you can
>say, min 5 orders @ $246 and anything past 19 is welcomed ;)

yea that's great!  you should encourage them to come by the hack fest
too, maybe we can win them over ;)  the deadline is an execellent idea.
i am thinking of setting it on monday so that folks have a chance to
investigate these boxes over the weekend, i know i'm usually to busy on
workday's to check stuff like this out.

>i won't tally my interest until i get solid "yes"s from them
>today/tomorrow.

ok that's fine with me.

>thanks for heading this up.

yea no worries, i must admit the bulk discount does play a minor role ;)

>fyi, i've got a net4801 and it has been great so far - a few issues here
>and there, but reguardless.

execellent!

-p

--