[nycbug-talk] IRC

Dan Langille dan
Wed Jun 16 16:16:03 EDT 2004

On 16 Jun 2004 at 15:10, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> > > True, but you have to find a server that's connected to the NETNAME
> > > you want to connect to (EFNet, IRCNet, etc.)
> >
> > irc.efnet.net will find you an efnet server.
>
> not always, it depends on the server's I:lines, identd requirements, etc etc
> etc
>
> I usually just go to the network's website, and hit up which ever server has
> the highest connection count.

*sigh*

It always happens... one attempts to provide a helpful hint and it's
met with exceptions and points-to-prove-the-contrary, none of which
actually contribute to the helpful hint.

Yes, I agree, it depends... It depends upon a lot of things,
including your internet connection.

I will now withdraw from this thread which has quickly dropped below
our normal standard.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/