[nycbug-talk] Microsoft VirtualPC for Mac

Daniel Krook krook
Fri Jun 18 14:55:24 EDT 2004

> I think it
> would be fantastic if I could use Microsoft VirtualPC for Mac to
> run OpenBSD/i386. Anyone here tried it yet?

I installed the Standalone edition of VirtualPC on my Mac a couple of
months ago do some testing in Windows 2000, and even though it was the
latest from MS, I seem to recall that there was an option in there to
install other OSes, including an explicit mention of Linux.

I did the W2K install via from my own CD and it offered the option of
adding any number of other OSes later.  I believe the VM masquerades as an
x86 Pentium II, so I would assume sticking a BSD on there is a
possibility.

I'd give it a go myself but I'm in the process of moving and my Mac is
packed away, so I can't test it for you.

Daniel Krook, Application Developer
WW Web Production Services North 2, ibm.com
1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604

Personal: http://info.krook.org/
Persona: http://w3.ibm.com/eworkplace/persona_bp_finder.jsp?CNUM=9A9796897