[nycbug-talk] posix article...

Isaac Levy ike
Sat Jun 26 20:57:14 EDT 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:56 PM, G.Rosamond wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:53 PM, Mikel King wrote:
>
>> Anyone else read this?
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;602471897;fp;2;fpid;1
>>

> This was raised recently on OBSD-misc. . .

Yummy..... POSIX!  POSIX adherance has always been a sweet spot for me
re. FreeBSD:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/
index.html
[...]
	9.  	Get copies of formal standards like POSIX?. You can get some
links about these standards at the FreeBSD C99 & POSIX Standards
Conformance Project web site.
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/c99/index.html) Compare FreeBSD's
behavior to that required by the standard. If the behavior differs,
particularly in subtle or obscure corners of the specification, send in
a PR about it. If you are able, figure out how to fix it and include a
patch in the PR. If you think the standard is wrong, ask the standards
body to consider the question.

Rocket-
.ike