[nycbug-talk] Fw: Newsletter from O'Reilly

michael lists
Fri Oct 1 15:19:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:37:16 -0400
Sunny Dubey <sunny-ml at opencurve.org> wrote:

> On Friday 01 October 2004 14:31, michael wrote:

> > New Releases
> > ***Exploring the JDS Linux Desktop
> > Publisher: O'Reilly
> > ISBN: 0596007523
>
> amazing, they managed to take the shittiest distro on the planet and
> write a book about it .... truly amazing ....
>
> I'm starting to disbelieve the statement of "there isn't enough market
> for BSD books"
>
> Sunny Dubey

"market" is the key word.

Can you imagine some marketing guy talking really fast, stringing
together buzzwords, showing his pearly whites?  He knows what is hip.
He knows what is flashy. He knows the huddled masses. He knows his
market. He knows what sells. He does NOT have to know the technology.

Right or wrong... Linux sells.  Even the shittiest ones.. The public is
gobbling it up right now.

BSD does not interest him.  He sees BSD is boring, backwater, and low
market value.  There is no sizzle... no sales... no end-of-year bonus.

Michael

--
---