[nycbug-talk] BSDing windows

George Georgalis george
Sat Oct 2 19:58:21 EDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 06:38:02PM -0400, Louis Bertrand wrote:

>See also "Ghost for Unix" by Hubert Feyrer
>http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

I'd seen that but I never saw an advantage over hand rolled
solutions. Off list I got pointed to SystemRescueCd, a Linux based
distro, and two key programs on it:

# QtParted  is a Partition Magic clone for Linux.
# Partimage is a Ghost/Drive-image clone for Linux

QtParted worked perfect, I'll try Partimage sometime which I expect much
better than dd because it only transfers the blocks that are in use by
the FS, it also incorporates networking, ssl and compression.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org