[nycbug-talk] Re: Net SNMP question

A Nice Bug nycbug
Tue Oct 5 16:11:01 EDT 2004

Hi!

Steve Rieger:
> I need to get net-snmp with the perl modules,
>
> There are a few ways, source. /ports/net-mgmt.net-snmp5 and then
> ports/net-mgmt/p5-net-snmp, I would like to install from ports, but my ports
> for p5-net-snmp tels me that I need perl greater than 5.6 , I have 5.8.5
> from ports and 5.00503 as base. Am runing fbsd 4.10,
> Is this an use.perl ports issue, or am I missing something here

Doesn't everyone use.perl (unless you explicitly need to keep
multiple versions on your box)? I would take the newer Perl if given
a choice ...

Check this: http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=396223

>ports/net-mgmt/p5-net-snmp
isn't this the Net::SNMP perl module?

The article above explains the difference between that and the Perl
stuff that comes with:

> /ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp5
the port of net-snmp 5.x