[nycbug-talk] meeting update. . .

G. Rosamond george
Fri Oct 8 23:30:48 EDT 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 4:30 PM, matador-gtabug at matadorsplace.com wrote:

> Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
>
> As a user of qmail, I wish I could bring Dan Berstein to the forum as
> well.  And let them duke it out.
>
> I'd pay to see that !
>
> Go qmail !
>
> Someone ask Mr. Allman why sendmail.cf is so long/crazy ?

(i have spent hours fighting through the cf file several years back,
and at no moment enjoyed it.  sometimes you *have* to on specific
problems)

this has been adequately answered. . . . but you should hear Eric's
answers. . .

blunt and to the point. . .at USENIX, his answers were uncharacteristic
for a developer. . .

"i don't know, they don't let me touch the code anymore"

Self-deprecating and funny from someone, unlike DJB, whose mta *still*
pushes most of the mail on the internet, as it has for decades. . .
give me that over arrogance and software that hasn't progressed from
1.03 (or whatever qmail is at now). . .Eric is truly entertaining to
listen to, and his technical history is obviously brilliant.

I truly am looking forward to his talk on sender id and the ietf
debates. . .he has been in the trenches on this. . .