[nycbug-talk] good explanation of BSD license

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Oct 13 14:46:45 EDT 2004

Hi Dru, All,

On Oct 13, 2004, at 2:41 PM, Dru wrote:

> I'm looking for a good URL explaining the benefits of the BSD license
> for those who are unfamiliar with it. So far I've found this so-so
> explanation:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_and_GPL_licensing
>
> Anyone aware of a better URL to either an explanation of the
> differences between the two licenses or a whitepaper touting the
> benefits of the BSD license? My audience will be government and mostly
> non-technical.
>
> Dru

In that context, I really like to direct folks to the Open Source
Initiative, as they are pretty license agnostic, and provide great
comparisons and information at their site, as well as a boatload of
licenses:

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/

Rocket-
.ike