[nycbug-talk] host.allow capability in login.conf ignored?

G. Rosamond george
Mon Oct 18 13:46:23 EDT 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 1:43 PM, csnyder wrote:

> Ack... sshd does not use login by default.
>
> Well crap, but at least the process (and possibly filesize)
> restrictions are in effect, which will be good enough. I might play
> with UseLogin to see if that adds the extra layer to the onion.
>
> Thanks, Hans and George.

There may be some other hacks. . .you might want to search here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-
dev&w=2&r=1&s=login.conf&q=b

I did see one response to this question to use hosts.allow or from a
packet filter, but it still doesn't utilize your login class.