[nycbug-talk] review of "state of demon address"

G. Rosamond george
Wed Oct 20 12:36:40 EDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Okan Demirmen wrote:
>
>> <snip all>
>>
>> I know many people have said to hold back on posting this, which I
>> kinda agree with, however I'd like to acknowledge that you actually
>> wrote a response. Thank you for that.
>>
>> Back to .......
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Okan
>
> I totally agree, George, thanks for writing this.

The consensus has been against posting it.  Therefore I won't.

But my case for it is putting it up since it's a polemical attack
against a conscious or subconscious attack.  I also think we should
make an attempt to include more debate on the site. . .not just the
list.  maybe a library section on 'opinions' so it's understood that
this is one individual's opinion in NYCBUG.

I mostly agree with Dru's points a while back on this, but I also see
nothing wrong with the "eye-for-an-eye" approach to this stuff when the
demand is there . . .particularly when my piece, in hindsight, actually
sums up the responses on OBSD-misc and OSViews itself.  A full piece
could become a referenced piece when people google the article.

I had a great senior yearbook quote. . ."Thanks for the flowers, but i
wish you hadn't waited for the funeral."

<g>

But yes, I will follow and accept the consensus.

also. . . Yes, it had a nasty tone, but have anyone else watched the
Yankees these past three games?