[nycbug-talk] OT: ISP for T1 in NYC

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Fri Oct 22 22:33:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> > T1 anywhere in Manhattan 425$, anywhere in 5 boroughs 475$/month, 1 year
> > term, 0 setup.
>
> Besides setup cost how does your service compares to
>
> http://www.bway.net/bway/dsl/t1.html
Our service is a real, honest-to-god T1. No DSL or any jazz. Verizon gets
lots of money for the T1 loop and they love it.  I do not know whether
TeleXtend T1 (what covad and bway offer) is a proper T1 or a repackaged
SDSL 1.5M offering. It probably is a proper T1 - in which case, you are
comparing two similar T1 carriers (us and bway).

Bway are good people (and Charles is on this list), so I'm not going to be
saying anything against them. ;) Compare yourself - talk to the people
involved, visit our offices, and make your decision.

-alex