[nycbug-talk] poll

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Wed Oct 27 10:49:43 EDT 2004

> hey i have a poll for the nycbug.  i know we love bsd an all, but
> sometimes you have to switch over to the dark side and run...gasp
> linux.  so what distro do folks around here prefer.  i'll start it off
> myself:
>
> debian
>
> anyway i thought it'd just be fun to see who runs what....

Considering the only reason I would run linux over bsd is if I had to.
Which means it is an app that needs to run on a "certified" OS.  It is
limited to two options: Redhat or SUSE.  I choose SUSE.  There is more
room for growth at Novell. SUSE is as well supported as RedHat (almost)
and with the other projects at Novell being integrating, I think it
will have some things that you won't be able to find elsewhere.

-Bjorn