[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Firmware license

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Oct 27 14:07:02 EDT 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 1:47 PM, G. Rosamond wrote:

> I generally am also happy about the *BSD-derived OS* on my iBook,
> except I can't crack WEP due to Apple's chipset for the AirportExtreme
> card.  And as a consultant wandering Manhattan and beyond on a daily
> basis, it's frustrating.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the AirPort G card issue has more
to do with external chipset manufacturers than it does apple?  They
just put the chips in a different form factor...
I'm under the impression this is a problem for most G cards?

George, correct me if I'm wrong, as I'd love to resolve these issues
myself too...

Rocket-
.ike