[nycbug-talk] Wireless Cards for OSX

Pastor Mac macuser
Wed Oct 27 19:32:49 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, at 02:28  PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

>>> I'm under the impression this is a problem for most G cards?
>>
>> Looking at the kismac wiki, it appears that the AE card is Broadcom
>> and that other broadcom cards have the same issue.  Of course if you
>> have a powerbook with a pcmcia slot, you're all set as you can throw
>> just about any card in there.
>>
>> Any chipset that allows "passive" capture can do WEP cracking, but
>> currently the Broadcom cards don't allow this.  A rundown on "active
>> vs. passive" is here:
>>
>> http://binaervarianz.de/projekte/programmieren/kismac/wiki/wiki.php/
>> KisMAC/FAQTechnicalPassiveVsActive
>>
>> Supported cards are here:
>>
>> http://binaervarianz.de/projekte/programmieren/kismac/hardwarelist.php

I received a link to this page
<http://home.earthlink.net/~metaphyzx/Wireless.htm> via a list I'm on
for older Mac clones (yes, I'm running OS X on a pre-G3 beige Umax
S900) and while the page I'm linking to is OS X specific it does do a
nice job of summarizing chipsets and models and cross-reference
material as needed.  Worth a look.
Pax,

Pastor Mac
On OS X

Grace is when life itself is more than good enough.
						--Garrison Keillor