[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 3.6 media

mlists at bizintegrators.com mlists
Thu Oct 28 17:10:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:14:59PM -0400, satadru pramanik wrote:
> Hey guys, quick question... I dunno how many OpenBSD afficionados are
> on this list that happened to order the CDs in anticipation of the
> next release, but you've got at least one.

Pre-ordered the second day it was announced, I think it was
August 27th.

> If there are any others... Have you received your CDs?

Not yet. From personal experience, either my luck is bad, or CDs
coming to New York area are slow to arrive.

> I need to use an OpenBSD cd for a router install TOMORROW, and I'd
> rather not
> install 3.5 since 3.6 is days away from a release.
>
> My order went out much earlier in the month, and I was hoping it would
> have shipped by now, but it hasn't.  If one of you has received your
> copies of the CDs, is there any chance one of you could message me
> privately about getting a copy of the CD?  I really only need the first
> disk, so an image I could burn would suffice (or just one made from the
> i386 install folder.)

Chances are very small, but I might have a recent snapshot, from
september, at home somewhere. Can't check from here, but I can check
tonight and if you're interested I can burn it on a CD and give it to
you tomorrow in Manhattan. With snapshot you can cvs sync to -stable
pretty fast. I don't guarantee that the CD will be bootable. :)

> If any of you are in Manhattan, I could even stop by and pick up a copy
> today or tomorrow morning.
>
> In other news, are there any stores in Manhattan that carry 3.6 yet?

Probably not.