[nycbug-talk] Jailing Lecture URLS-notes

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Sep 2 16:13:39 EDT 2004

Hi all,

What follows are the notes from last nights lecture on FreeBSD Jailing.

--
Now, I don't think they're on this list, but again a special shout out
from NY, and special thanks to these people, to whom last nights

Jon Ringuette of http://iMeme.net, taught me to jail.

Poul-Henning Kamp, who wrote the jail feature for R&D Associates
http://www.rndassociates.com/ who contributed it to FreeBSD.

Robert Watson, of McAfee Research, wrote the extended documentation,
found a few bugs, added a few new features, and cleaned up the userland
jail environment.

They all deserve a beer.

--
My presentation slides have been posted here for download:
http://diversaform.com/downloads/nycbug_jailing_lecture.pdf

--
URLS:

"Securing FreeBSD Using Jail", Evan Sarmiento
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1151/sam0105d/0105d.htm

The Jail Subsystem, FreeBSD Architectural Handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/jail.html

A really nifty suite of jailing tools, (and more jailing links at the
bottom of page!)
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1151/sam0105d/0105d.htm

How to break out of a chrooted jail:
http://www.bpfh.net/simes/computing/chroot-break.html

An excellent high-level paper on Jailing by Poul-Henning Kamp and
Robert Watson:
http://www.acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=170

--
Rocket everybody-