[nycbug-talk] technical terms

Louis Bertrand louis
Mon Sep 6 15:13:28 EDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Dru wrote:

> Anyone know if there's a technical term for the deterioration of posts
> that occurs on slashdot? You know, things like Anonymous Cowards' multiple
> threads on why "BSD is dead" everytime a BSD article is posted. Or the
> general deterioration into "you don't get laid" over technical posts.
> Also, I'm compiling a list of negative geek terms. So far I have "flame
> war", "troll" and "RTFM". Anyone think of any others?
Bit rot: As a system gets out of date, it exhibits bit rot and doesn't
work as well as before. Probably due to its environment evolving and
getting more complex, thus showing bugs that didn't matter before.

 --Louis  <louis at bertrandtech dot ca>

More information about the talk mailing list