[nycbug-talk] the list

George Georgalis george
Sat Sep 25 23:42:02 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 08:50:02PM -0400, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>1: who is the librarian and where do the books reside when they are
>   not in use.

Was thinking to decentralized the library, allowing the books to stay
where they lay until they are requested again. Guess if someone wants to
give them up early they could deliver them to a librarian who would take
responsibility to send out to the next borrower.

>2: What do we do with books that have become obsolete, the turbo C
>   book for example.

recycle them?

>3: is this limited to unixish books?

don't tell me you want my New Guinea anthropology texts!

>If the process is you can have the book for a month, but no one asks for
>it for 3-6 months where does it reside?  I know from personal experience
>I stand a good chance of loosing it under other books and such, if it is
>in my position but not in use.  I have 5 full bookcases plus 12 milk
>crates plus lots of other books as well.

Hadn't really considered that. Maybe a stern rebuke on the website for
patrons who loose library books? Seriously, at some point the borrower
needs to accept responsibility. Maybe let them deliver to a librarian if
they don't want it any more.  I nominate Ike. He can keep em next to the
computer museum. :) guess anyone(s) willing could keep the books.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org