[nycbug-talk] network strangeness (resource starvation?)

George Georgalis george
Mon Aug 1 18:19:30 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 05:13:46PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:

>We've got dnscache in check, and we're not cpu or memory bound, so it's a
>bit of a mystery...

typically, the dnscache bottleneck is the 'generation' of logs, so even
if you send them to dev null, they can slow the system down, there are
some 3rd party patches for this but not sure where.

Not sure about your problem, have you considered the router as a point
of fail and the missing ssh chars a result of typing blind?

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org