[nycbug-talk] BSD on a desktop (revisited)

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Fri Aug 5 15:41:13 EDT 2005

Kevin Reiter <tux at penguinnetwerx.net> wrote:
> pete wright wrote:

> > but as far
> > as one of the first things i install on a new personal workstation is
> > konsole.

But doesn't konsole pull in a bazillion huge kdependencies, such as Qt,
kdelibs, keverything... ?  Just to get a shell?

What's the thing that makes konsole the killer terminal for you?  Ie,
what does it that xterm doesn't do?

> On that note, I'd like to speak up for Eterm.  I've been using since the
> first day I discovered Enlightenment, which was the first day I installed
> Linux (before discovering BSD :) although I don't realy use Enlightenment
> anymore since discovering Fluxbox.  Eterm works great with just about
> everything, and I like the backgrounds (I've replaced the defaults to use
> one of the 600+ Digital Blasphemy images I have randomly) and the ability
> to have a borderless window for viewing logs and such.

Mmmm, termulation via Eterm:
http://www.digitaldefense.net/labs/papers/Termulation.txt

:-)

-Jan

--
"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a