[nycbug-talk] Going crazy

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman
Fri Aug 5 16:19:23 EDT 2005

So, finally I'm getting around to installing FreeBSD on my IBM T42 laptop.

I'm using Fdisk to create the partitions...

I'm trying to do:

ad0s1 /
ad0s2 swap
ad0s3 /var
ad0s4 /tmp
ad0s5 /usr

Everything goes fine except when it's time to create the fifth slice
(ad0s5).  All the other slices come up wth the expected names (ad0s1 -
ad0s4) but the last slice always comes up as name 'X'.

When I go to install it can't create /usr because it can't figure out what
'X' is or how to mount it.

Can anyone help out here?

J.

--

COMPUTER HELPDESK (when inside the Garden): http://helpdesk.nybg.org/
Joshua S. Freeman

intended for a specific individual/group of individuals and a specific
purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not an intended recipient, you
should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited.