[nycbug-talk] AIM or GAIM in 5,4 "amd64" ?

Bill Schoolcraft runfreebsd
Sun Aug 7 20:42:58 EDT 2005

Hello Family,

I'm trying to get either GAIM or AIM to work on my 5.4 "amd64" to no
avail.  It works on my 5.4 "i386" and I was wondering if anyone can
help, here is my "ports" failure message for GAIM.  AIM reports only
being ported to i386.

#####################

[root at liam /usr/ports/net/gaim]-> make install clean

===>  gaim-1.2.1 has known vulnerabilities:
=> gaim -- Yahoo! remote crash vulnerability.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/2701611f-df5c-11d9-b875-0001020eed82.html>
=> gaim -- MSN Remote DoS vulnerability.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/b6612eee-df5f-11d9-b875-0001020eed82.html>
=> gaim -- MSN remote DoS vulnerability.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/ad5e70bb-c429-11d9-ac59-02061b08fc24.html>
=> gaim -- remote crash on some protocols.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/889061af-c427-11d9-ac59-02061b08fc24.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/gaim.