[nycbug-talk] SSH not working for particular user

Okan Demirmen okan
Tue Aug 9 15:00:35 EDT 2005

On Tue 2005.08.09 at 14:26 -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, George R. wrote:
>
> >/etc/ssh/sshd_config under logging.
> >LogLevel INFO
>
> That must be the current default.. my home machine is set like that..
> These machines I "inheritted" I noticed that they commented out on most
> (possibly all) the settings from sshd_conf.. so will have to go machine by
> machine and change..

diff(1)'ing against /usr/src/etc is your friend.

> Makes me nervous having to restart ssh though. :-(
> No remote connection to them other than ssh for now...

start another sshd on another port - use another sshd_config ...log in
there and restart the sshd on tcp/22...or there are many other ways to
get into a box to remote admin it ;)

> Eventually want to see if can convince the owner to get IP KVMs.
> In particular was looking at the ATEN IP KVM

new topic, new thread please...

i think there's been a long, long discussion on talk@ about this
before...check the archives for more info