[nycbug-talk] QLOGIC fiber card

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Aug 9 18:04:44 EDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Steve Rieger <steve.rieger at tbwachiat.com> wrote:

> hi all
>

> i put a qlogic 2340 card into one of my servers and when the system
> boots it comes up, and sees the san, can you guys give me pointers
> for how i would configure it to mount my san.

heh, well it really depends on what you back end is, what OS you are running
etc, and if you connecting direct to a device in you SAN, going through a
fiber switch etc ;)

generally speaking, once you get all the intermediary and backend parts
working you should be presented raw disk/tape devices to your server by the
SAN, although w/o more info on what you are running it's all guess now.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright