[nycbug-talk] OSS now FREE for home/personal use

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Sat Aug 20 20:33:31 EDT 2005

On 8/20/05, Kevin Reiter <tux at penguinnetwerx.net> wrote:
> Not sure if anyone's been keeping up with this or not, but in order to get
> some newer soundcards working (like my Audigy II) on FreeBSD or
> DragonFlyBSD, this is one of the best ways to go.  As of yesterday, it's
> now FREE.  w00t!
>
> http://www.opensound.com/

it said it requires you to download the software every 4 months and I
did not see a licence posted.  It did say you can use it for personel
use for no charge.  I do not think that this is free for a BSD group.
Personelly I do not think GPL is free, but that is another rant.

marc