[nycbug-talk] MySQL

Francisco Reyes lists
Sun Aug 21 13:43:15 EDT 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Uh yeah.  I've had more bad experiences this month with MySQL than anyone
> should ever have with a RDBMS.  These things are supposed to be robust and
> reliable, MySQL is neither.  Granted, we're doing ~150 queries/sec and have >
> 4GB data in there, but still.  Stay away if you can!

I have 20 to 60 queries per second and MySQL is using up 50% to 70% of
CPU. What optimizations have you done that you could recommend?

I am just starting to read up on MySQL and looking into optimizations.

Our queries are primarily  against a single table using index
access. We use mySQl primarily in conjunction with Postfix so the queries are just
lookups of email addresses.