[nycbug-talk] [Fwd: [Jobs] Oracle problem for vendor. . .]

George R. george
Mon Aug 22 19:27:17 EDT 2005

Posted to jobs, but no response. . .

Please contact me off list if you could assist the vendor with this
issue. . .

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Jobs] Oracle problem for vendor. . .
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:14:46 -0400
From: George R. <george at sddi.net>
To: jobs at lists.nycbug.org

A vendor of mine just called about a problem with Lucent's QIP for IP
Management, which uses an Oracle backend. ..

It looks like a one-shot consulting job.

Contact me offlist is it's your piece of pie.

  When starting the database up. . .

SVRMGR> connect internal

Connected.

SVRMGR> shutdown immediate;

ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.

ORACLE instance shut down.

SVRMGR> startup

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                        236630000 bytes

Fixed Size                                          69616 bytes

Variable Size                                    79093760 bytes

Database Buffers                                157286400 bytes

Redo Buffers                                       180224 bytes

Database mounted.

ORA-00320: cannot read file header from log 3 of thread 1

ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1:
'/usr/raid/ora/qipd/ora1/oradata/INHO/redo03.log'

ORA-27091: skgfqio: unable to queue I/O

Additional information: 1

Additional information: 1

SVRMGR> alter database clear logfile group 3;

alter database clear logfile group 3

*

ORA-01624: log 3 needed for crash recovery of thread 1