[nycbug-talk] road-warrior IPsec setup: looking for references

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Sat Aug 27 22:32:19 EDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 08:50:29PM -0400, Josh McCormack wrote:
> Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> >On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 05:33:15PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> >
> >>Howdy folks,
> >>
> >>I'm looking for ways to set up an IPsec tunnel between an OS X 10.4 road
> >>warrior laptop and my -current FreeBSD box (on sparc64, though it
> >>shouldn't matter). I normally use OpenVPN for remtoe tunnels, but I'm
> >>really not happy with OpenVPN on OS X.
>
> What doesn't work well with OpenVPN on OS X?

The GUI, http://tunnelblick.net/, doesn't seem to support shared-key,
only RSA certs with a password.

I'm otherwise very happen with OpenVPN and prefer to use it where I
can.

-T

--
"Humans hardly ever learn from the experience of others. They learn --
 when they do, which isn't often -- on their own, the hard way."