[nycbug-talk] Re: MySQL

Francisco Reyes lists
Sun Aug 28 21:51:07 EDT 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Gordon Smith wrote:

> InnoDB gives you more configurability than MyISAM, so once you're using
> InnoDB you'll have somewhat more direct control over MySQL configuration if
> you want to invest the time in additional tuning of your app.

Thanks for all the pointers. My hope is to migrate to PostgreSQL as soon
as possible.

There are numerous production machines which are in operation 24x7
supporting postfix.. it would not be easy to work on the MySQL DB..
specially that I am not familiar with it.. and there was nobody familiar
with it either.. so I see no reason keeping MySQL around. Pretty much just
trying to find "easy fixes" for the mean time.