[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD jails and custom kernels

max max
Wed Aug 31 10:56:13 EDT 2005

Hello,
I have a jail question. Can I make custom kernel per jail?
Basically, I need COMPAT_LINUX, but I dont feel really good about recompiling the kernel on the host itself, since its a production machine, but it has some jails that I can happily destroy if anything goes wrong.
I looked on google, nothing too relevant, and from jail howto's that ive seen, we always link /kernel to /dev/null and use the main host's kernel.
I can see why it would be pretty hard to implement, to have a full kernel instance per jail, but  im still wondering if its possible.
Thanks!

max