[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

michael lists
Tue Jan 18 12:58:47 EST 2005

You already know what the answer is when you ask a unix mailing list if
you should build vs. buy.

I do not disagree with re-using boxes and I own a soekris.  Those are
great solutions.  Especially if you want to learn, or, really care about
how you route and filter packets.

But from what I read in your message, you may be better with a cheap
NETGEAR router.  They have good features, solid construction, and a web
interface your mama could configure.

You plug it in, input a few settings, and you are back to what ever you
were doing in no time.

Michael

--
---