[nycbug-talk] Check out new minimac :)

Charles Sprickman spork
Wed Jan 19 14:13:45 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Thanks slasdhdot for posting links to 'cracking open a Mac mini safely'
> (remember, it DOES void AppleCare):

...only if you break the box.  You can find a confirmation from Apple on
this issue in this article:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2005/01/miniapplesandoranges/index.php

"Updated 1/18 at 4:00 PM PT, adding specific verification from Apple that
opening the Mac mini doesn't void your warranty unless you break it while
opening it."

It is MacWorld, so if they are claiming Apple said the above it should be
more reliable than something like Slashdot.