[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

G. Rosamond george
Thu Jan 20 10:57:57 EST 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Brad Schonhorst wrote:

>>> Shall we rock this?
>>>

>> I would love to, and have the basic setup ready, including pfstat,
>> etc., but really don't have the time.
>>
>> volunteers?
>>
>> I know a number of nycbug people, like Kurt M., Okan D., Pete W.,
>> etc., have had some Soekris fun.  I'm sure they have some input into
>> the matter, if not volunteering.

> First off, I think this is a great idea and would love to help test or
> whatever I can do.  My question is how would this be different from:
>
> flashdist
> http://www.nmedia.net/~chris/soekris/

I think it would be more fully config'd version, with full pf rules,
with an accompanying network device listing, ie, ips<-> devices listed
to match included PF rules.

> opensoekris
> http://opensoekris.sourceforge.net/
>
> CompactBSD
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/compactbsd
>

> Also, has anyone used nsh?
> http://www.nmedia.net/~chris/nsh/

Doesn't work on OBSD 3.6 AFAIK.  Emailed that to Chris Capuccio a while
back.

But ..  . uh .  . . . who wants a Cisco IOS interface on a BSD box
anyway?